Thursday, June 17, 2010

PENCIL CRAYON TIME







     
     Here is a recent pencil crayon drawing I finished to display at a Science Fiction convention held here in Winnipeg every year in May. I had not worked in pencil crayon for many many years. Most of my pencil crayon drawings were done in the eighties alongside my painting. I'm excited now to do more. 
     I am showing the process at which i do these. I sketch directly on the black paper with no other preliminary drawings. This is a 9 x 12 inch drawing. Every step is a thinking process as to what colors are going where and how I am going to fill the space. Sometimes I spend more time thinking about my next move than actually drawing. In the past I would sometimes do the drawing with all it's shading with white then go over that with the colors.