Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pasternak 12:12:12 Winnipeg Spirit


1912-2012
PASTERNAK SPIRIT
LIVES ON IN WINNIPEG BEYOND HIS YEARS

I was at the library when a woman walked up to me and told me that I was in a photograph in a book upstairs. The title of the book is Winnipeg 1912, and below is the photograph she was referring to. I could not believe it. This was one of the strangest things in my life. This photograph was 100 years old!
When I was younger people would tell me upon meeting me, that they thought I would be older somehow.

I had to commemorate the event this year by doing something. So I decided to make a simple poster and put it up around the city. People that know me totally freak out because they automatically assume that it is a picture of me. In fact I have a hard time seeing anyone else beside myself as this person in the photo. It is me I conclude. But my grounded self proclaims that it cannot possibly be so. I have yet to find out who the picture is really of. But come to think of it, I have yet to find out who I really am.



Forresters Lodge members in Winnipeg 1912