Monday, April 4, 2011

Envious portrait of the Ages

     Since my last post I had become nostalgic for the paintings of my youth in the time period of 83 - 85  and found myself viewing my these paintings in my binders and remembering all the ideas that I had that I would still like to produce on canvas. Often times I will have an idea for a whole series of work then paint only one of them and go onto something else. Then in time I might come back to that series. Others will never come back to and they remain as single entities. My goodness I liked color!...... and what is with all the green skin? I do know what's up with the hands. They are all mine and to this day are still prominent in my work.
 


AGES . 1984 . acrylic on canvas . 48 x 86 inches . (self portrait)

 

Hi . 1983 . acrylic on canvas . 34 x 40 inches . (self portrait)