Monday, September 29, 2008

Portraits


     This is a recent portrait that was commissioned by the little girl in this picture, though now she, along with her twin brother just turned 30. This was a gift from her to her brother on their birthday. I have not done a portrait in a long while and forgot how much fun it was. I've done all sorts in a number of styles and mediums from acrylics, pencil or ink. Would you like a portrait done for yourself or for a gift? nak@mts.net   
16 x 20 inches    pencil crayon on matt board

     One of the things I really enjoyed in this commission was the construction of the crazy hair these two kids had and how my play-full abstracted doodling came into the drawing by way of having to make up the details in this mass of hair as the photographs I had were quite vague.