Thursday, September 5, 2013

A NEW BOOK

A collection of poems by Andrew Vaisius


I have had the great pleasure to produce a book collecting a small sampling of poetry by my friend and fantastic poet Andrew Vaisius. I cannot believe that even though his poetry has been printed in countless literary publications as well as having reviewed hundreds of other peoples books and writings that this is his first ever book collecting his poetry.

I generally only make books containing my art, for myself, to varying degrees of technical might, man hours of assembling the large or few number of copies,  but I offered up this idea to Andrew to produce a chapbook of his poetry and this is the first time I have done this. I love how it turned out.

The cover for this volume reproduces a piece of art that Andrew chose from my "Ground" series and I created an original piece of artwork for the inside of the book that doubles as an art note card to send out to someone or an art print to frame or tape up to your fridge.... or you can even leave it in the book where it belongs so that it can appreciate in value for some future nest egg.




There are 18 poems collected within these 32 pages and there is a special numbered art card also included in each copy. The book measures 4.25 inches x 7 inches, so it will easily fit into your vest pocket or purse for your traveling pleasure.



***********

Come and help celebrate this event by coming out to
An evening of Sight and Sound......and Poetry
Friday, September 13th
7:30 pm
Winkler Library,  Winkler Manitoba

The original art for this cover will be on display along with many other pieces from this series & Paul Bergman will be performing some of his fantastic music and song!
.... and of course, Andrew will read from his new Book.